Friday, July 30

The interview is done......thoughts and feelings

so...i had my interview today and I don't think I got it. I go into the company and I have no fucking clue what Im and applying for all I know is its something about computers and its something to do with IT (information Tech. So I go in for my interview and I meet with the human resources lady. She goes over the company, benefits and my job. She mentions how its a networking job and gives my the exact position:
Position: Team Lead, Network Operations
Job Desciptions:
We seek a team lead, Network Operations,
who will be based in our Corporate Headquarters in Buffalo Grove, IL. Reporting
to the Director, Information Technology, This position will responsible for
network/system administration for a windows NT 2000 environment, including
WAN/LAN administration, WinProxy, Cisco routers and Virtual Private
Networking(VPN) and Provide desktop support for MS office and windows
application MS outlook 2003.
wow....the fact that I got a chance to do this interview means I really got the hook up. and they were like oh we are here MR..BLAH BLAH thinks so highly of you.
so i go to meeting with director of IT and he was only like 32 or something..and even though he's indian..he speaks perfect english...DAMN RIGHT!!! so anyways he first started my talking about himself, where we went to school and stuff...this convo sparked because he saw that I had an engineering degree and he was an industrial engineer. Then we talked about the job and what his goals were....for the IT division (like his ultimate goal) and i guess this was to get me to see his vision in a broader sense. then he went through and look at my resume and of course he loved my GPA...(i mean who wouldn't ..I fucking rocked in school) and then I explained all the projects that I did for the school and experience I had at work. because I didn't have much experience in networking, i didn't want to say that....i tried to get the point across that 1) I was a guy who is eager to learn...willingness to learn and try something new. 2) that my technical background is sufficient to handle all types of technical knowlegde and environmental adjustments. The point that I realized about him is that he thought my resume was too technically, he saw alot of programming experience on the my resume and it seemed like it was oriented to engineering and not to IT. Well No shit...i mean I didnt even know what I was applying for until like 20 mins before the interview. and so he corrected the resume and he gave me comments on how to fix it for 2 things: one for IT and one for engineering. And at that point, it seemed like he didn't want me and also because he thinks I would be good in their applications department of IT and Not the networking departing. Well he then explain the job a little bit more talking about he optimizing servers, routers and monitoring them.

Well after the interview he went to go see mr..blah blah ( the guy who wanted me to send in my resume in the first place and he was the boss of my interviewer) and my interviewer left and i talked to him alone and i told him everything at the interview and I told him that I think he feels Im not the right fit, but he said he won't give up that easily and he's going to talk to my interviewer and some other executives. So if i get this job its PURE and UTTER LUCK.
and so the question now is: can i really do it? from what I hear this and what monster.com says about this job...this job pays 40 to 60K and the job qualifications for this job are 3 years of experience...well I have zero and I dont think fixing my own router and work's router counts. Because if they expect me to come in without any training and do stuff....they are in for a rude awakening. I mean I can fix stuff and I have had lots of success, but for something at a larger scale. Yeah...i can see it now..."tom...optimize these servers" ...me: "sure......." and then I pretty much kill the entire network and they lose millions and millions of dollars.
Well...lets pray and find out. But if I get the job and it pays really well....then I will spend my first check at HB's...ALL OF IT!!!!

ITS BOOBY TIME!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home